Wednesday, November 9, 2011

News and such...

...I am pleased to announce that I will be moving my studio to the first floor in the next few weeks!  This will allow me to have a small retail component in addition to my studio!  I'm very excited, especially since it is the same price as the studio I am in now (which is on the 3rd floor amongst all the residential studios and does not allow for walk-in traffic).  Once I'm in my new location I will post pictures.

I've been diligently working away on some new pieces, but as sometimes happens, it is taking a bit longer than anticipated to complete them.  I do have some pieces ready for their photoshoot, which I'll be doing tonight and posting on my site tomorrow.

One thing I must get going on is networking!  There is a large artist population here in Portland and many organizations that I would like to check out and possibly get involved with.  I've never really networked before, so will be firmly placing myself outside of my comfort zone.  One thing I'd like to do is bring in speakers to talk about business set up for artists, how to market yourself, etc., as well as host various types of workshops in addition to presenting some myself in different artistic mediums.  There is space available to me to do this, and I think this would be a good way to bring the community to Milepost 5.  I'll have to speak to the interim Creative Director about combining our efforts and resources since we have the same goal - bringing Milepost 5 into the mainstream of consciousness and promoting the artists' work, including my own.

Well, fall is officially upon us, bundle up, drink lots of hot cocoa, and stay warm!

Ta ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment