Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Not So "Daily" Yet....

...closer to bi-weekly for the time being!  Well, my studio is finally functional - here's a picture of my bench and mini soldering station (I call it the "poor man's" soldering station) - but it works and allows me to do my thing, so for me it's perfect!
Soldering Station

Up Close and Personal

My Bench


I've updated my site with a few more pieces - more to come though, as those pieces are what's left in stock and going forward I will be creating more organic, artistic pieces.  For those who don't know what that means, it means I play around with the the metal until I "see" something, which of course does usually end up morphing as I go along - it's a fantastically fun process!  I love it!!

I started wax carving today - yay!  Definitely different than sculpting in clay, which is what I did in a past life, since clay is much more malleable, but on the other hand, once you get to the point with clay where it's hard  but still wet, you shape it with similar type tools, and you can add pieces to it by "fusing" them together with slip.  Anyway, I'm excited to see how it turns out.  I did do a wax carving once of a ring, my step-mom was  a jeweler and had given me some wax, and I had it for years - wish I had it now, I'd cast it and see how I did with the carving. 


I'll be taking some more photos tonight, so I can get the rest of what's in stock up in my Etsy store.  Etsy, in case you haven't heard of it, is an online, handmade marketplace where I have a "store" which I link to from this website.  So those will probably be posted in the morning.

'Till then...
(originally posted 10/29/11)

No comments:

Post a Comment