Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Settling into Portland, My Website, My Studio

Whew, this has been quite the busy, hectic, crazy last couple of months.  I'm finally moved in, though the unpacking continues.  Especially in the studio.  I can't wait to be done so I can start creating!!!  But it is coming along...My living space is almost done, so will be posting pictures soon of that.  And will post pictures of my studio once it's done as well.

Finally got my website up and running, though this may not be the final version - I'm happy with it, and am ready to put it "out there."  I did learn an invaluable lesson during these past couple of days - if someone (who is trying to sell you something) tells you that as long as you follow the directions given, you will have no issues (i.e. to implement an ecommerce theme on WordPress), ask to see the directions!!!  Because, WRONG!, you will have issues if the directions are geared towards people who know what FTP is and can upload files from here to there via FTP, for example.  Which I did manage to do, but nothing worked, so I obviously did something wrong.  The rest of the directions were also as clear as mud - so had to abandon ship, for now anyways.  Maybe I can set up a trade with someone in building who knows this stuff.

So, about my blog.  For the time being, it will be somewhat of a diary documenting my experiences here in Portland and at Milepost 5 - the artist community in which I live.  In the new year, I hope to start going more into the direction of posting small tutorials, tips and tricks, and various interesting things I find on the internet, that I think, you dear reader, will find interesting too.  

For now, my blog will be housed here directly on my website, but will be, at some point, migrating it over to WordPress since there are more options available.

Ciao, Ciao!!
(originally posted 10/14/11)

No comments:

Post a Comment